Applications for the Global Health Pathway are accepted each fall for the following July start date.
Criteria for selection include:
- Strong recommendation from Residency Program Director
- Academic qualifications
- Demonstrated maturity, integrity, and cross cultural awareness/sensitivity
- Relevance of global health training to future career plans
- Prior international experience
- Strength of personal interview
Application and Selection Process
Send application materials electronically to email@example.com. A selection committee will interview top candidatesshortly after the application deadline.
Applicants are required to provide the following:
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty (one may be from your Residency Program Director). Faculty members should send their recommendation letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Statement (1-3 pages) describing your reasons for pursuing the Global Health Pathway. Please include:
- A description of any prior work/experiences overseas related to caring for underserved populations
- Personal qualities that will prepare you for this position
- A clear articulation of your career goals
- How this program will help you accomplish your career goals
Note for non-North Carolina residents: interviews may be held via video conference if you are unable to travel to Durham
Placement is competitive and contingent upon the qualifications of the applicant and availability. If you have any questions about the Duke Global Health Pathway or the application process, contact Tara Pemble, Program Coordinator at email@example.com or 919-668-8352.