Global Health Emergency Medicine Fellowship
Applications are accepted each fall for the Global Health Emergency Medicine Fellowship. Emergency Medicine residents who have successfully completed PGY2/3 (of a three/four year training program) are eligible to apply. Internal and external candidates are encouraged to apply during the Fall of PGY3/4. (See application process for details.)
Global Health Emergency Medicine Fellows will:
- Extend their training by 24 months.
- Begin the program with a 6-week site assessment visit at a global partner site.
- Engage in Master of Science in Global Health course work.
- Be dually appointed as junior faculty in the Duke University Hospital's Emergency Department.
- Spend 7-12 months providing clinical care and conducting research at a global partner site.
Eligible applicants must have completed ACGME requirements for Emergency Medicine and be board eligible prior to participating in the Global Health Residency/Fellowship Pathway.
Download the Global Health Emergency Medicine Fellowship track schedule. All tracks are tailored to the specifics requirements and goals of each trainee.