- Goals: Develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for culturally competent care.
- Objectives: Trainees will be asked to keep a log of instructive patient cases in which social determinants (e.g. education, access to clean water, food, security, housing, early life experiences, social trauma, and gender) have played a major role in the health of a given patient. In the final month of the program, Trainees will undergo an oral examination in which five or more of these cases are discussed.
- Goals: Describe the major pathological processes, their biological alterations, and how they affect specific organ systems.
- Objectives: Trainees will receive a number of didactic sessions taught by Duke faculty on leading infectious and non-infectious chronic diseases which cause significant morbidity and mortality in resource-poor settings. Competency in these areas will be assessed by case-study based oral examinations administered in the final month of the program.
- Goals: Develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to practice basic principles of prevention.
- Objectives: Trainees will receive intensive didactic training in public health through the MSc-GH program.Topics of importance include research methods, program implementation and evaluation, health policy, family planning and population programs, environmental health, and community healthcare.
For more information about the Global Health Residency and the Department of Radiation Oncology, visit the Radiation Oncology Residency Training Program website.