Clincal/Service Elective Rotation
Now accepting applications for AY 21-22 (January 2022 - June 2022 only)
The Hubert-Yeargan Center for Global Health provides two-month Clinical/Service Elective Rotations for current Duke Residents in the following programs:
- Medicine (PGY 2)
- Pediatrics (PGY 2)
- Med-Peds (PGY3)
- Med-Psych (PGY 4)
- Neurology (PGY 3)
- Family Medicine (PGY 2)
Applications are accepted the fall prior to the academic year during which the rotations occur. Please Note: Due to COVID-19, eight week rotations for AY21-22 will be offered January 2022 or March 2022 ONLY.
These elective rotations provide a valuable and unique experience for our residents. Residents choose from a wide selection of global partner locations where they can provide clinical care to patients. Some locations only permit observation; however, many opportunities are available for residents to expand their teaching and lecturing skills.
We select residents for clinical/service rotations based on the following criteria:
- Academic preparation and strength;
- Evidence of maturity, responsibility, cultural sensitivity;
- Significance of pursuing a global health opportunity to further career goals;
- Preference for those who have demonstrated a commitment to global health issues, specifically in the developing world.
To be considered, residents must provide:
- A completed application,
- A statement from your Program Director giving you permission to apply, and
- A copy of your CV.
Email the required documents to email@example.com no later than Friday, October 2. Placements are competitive and contingent upon the qualifications of the applicant and availability.
Have questions or need more information? Email us.